To create a new survey,
Click on the My Surveys from the Surveys Menu. This will start the Mailigen Survey Wizard.
Click on the Create Bew Survey button, then you will see a drop-down with two options — “Strat from blank“ and “User survey template“
There are three ways to create a new survey:
- Using a pre-defined survey template—simply click the survey template you wish to use. For more information about creating surveys using pre-defined templates, see the support topic, “Creating a New Survey From a Pre-Defined Template.”
- Using one of your survey templates—when you create a new survey you can opt to save it as a template for future use. To use one of your own templates, click on the My Survey Templates Tab, select your template. For more information about saving and using your own survey templates, see the support topic, “Survey From a Saved Template.”
- Blank—to create a new, blank survey, click on the Start with a blank survey on the right or from a button drop-down. For more information about creating a blank survey, see the support topic, “Creating a New Blank Survey.”
After selecting the kind of survey that you want to build (from a pre-defined template, from a saved template, or a new blank survey), you will open the Create Survey Window.
There are five main areas in the Create Survey Window:
- Survey Welcome Message
- Survey Questions
- Thank You Page
- Survey Options
The logo will appear at the top of your survey. To add your logo, click on the Add your logo here link. This will open the Image Manager. There upload and select the image that you want to use for the logo.
Survey Welcome Page
The Survey Welcome Page appears below your logo on the survey. This is a great place to enter some explanatory text about what information the survey is intending to capture.
To edit your welcome page,
Click on the Edit Icon. This will open the Add Text Window.
This is a standard WYSIWYG text editor. Simply enter your text in the text area and modify its style using one of the formatting buttons:
- Align left
- Align center
- Align right
You can also add a hyperlink by highlighting some text and clicking on the Link Button. This will allow you to specify the website address, target (the same window, a new blank window, or a named window), and a title of the new window.
When you are finished, click the Save Text Button to confirm the changes and return to the Create Survey Window.
When using pre-defined templates, a set of survey questions is already provided for you. But that doesn't mean that you can't edit them. For each question, you can:
- Move it—simply drag and drop questions in whatever order you wish them
- Copy it—click the Copy Icon to copy the question. This will make an exact copy of the question below it.
- Edit it—click on the Edit Icon for any question to open the Question Editor window. For more information about editing questions, see the support topic, “How Do I Edit a Question?”
- Delete it—click the X Icon in the corner of the question you wish to delete to remove it
- Remove a Page Break or a Question Block by clicking on the X.
Create a New Question
For more information about creating a question, see the support topic, “Creating a New Survey Question.”
Thank You Page
The Thank You Page is displayed after the user has completed the survey. You can specify the text for that page by clicking on the Edit Icon.
- Text—enter the text in the WYSIWYG editor. After entering your text, you can apply a variety of styles to one or more words including:
- Align left
- Align center
- Align right
- You can also add a hyperlink by highlighting some text and clicking on the Link Button. This will allow you to specify the website address, target (the same window, a new blank window, or a named window), and a title of the new window.
Click the Save Text Button to confirm the changes.
In survey options tab you can:
- Add a Survey Title
- Disable Welcome message
- Disable Question numbering
- Add a redirect link (for example, you can redirect people after the survey to your website)
- Choose a Language of the survey
- Choose to whom a Survey will be Available — People from you List (you will see users that have completed the survey and view their individual responses), Anonymous — you won't be able to see information about respondents only IP addresses.
Saving Your Survey
To save your survey as a draft just click on Next step button or click Save as Draft link above questions builder.
Saving Your Survey as a Template
To save survey as a template click on the Save as New Survey Template link above question builder.
Designing Your Survey
For more information about changing the design of your survey, see the support topic, “How Do I Design a Survey.”