There are three list formats you can use to import SMS database
1. SMS subscribers only
Adding only SMS subscribers is as easy as adding email subscribers.
- First, go to My Lists page, choose a list and click on Add Subscribers button, then choose your SMS list from your desktop. Remember you can upload a list using .xls, .csv or .txt file format only.
- When uploading a list, check the "Add SMS subscribers" option and then click "Continue".
- The list can contain both - email and SMS subscribers only but remember with this option selected subscribers that don’t have telephone numbers will not be imported.
2. Email subscribers mixed with SMS subscribers
You can use a single list to import email and SMS subscribers, even though not every SMS subscribers has email next to it.
- Choose the database you want to import.
When importing this type of mixed list, the first two lines always need to include email addresses!
- Choose an option to update existing subscribers if you wish and click "Continue".
- In the next step, you will see that some subscribers will not be imported and highlighted red because they don`t have email addresses next to them.
- Confirm and click "Import".
- As a result - three email subscribers with some SMS subscribers will be imported.
- To add the 2 missing SMS subscribers, go to the subscriber importing section and choose the same database, but before clicking “Continue” check the “Add SMS subscribers” option.
- In the field mapping step, confirm subscribers and click “Import”.
- After importing, an announcement will appear notifying you that some subscribers have been added, but other three have not because they were already added the first time when email subscribers were imported.
The above is an example just to show you have a single list of email and SMS contacts can be imported together.
3. Email subscribers with partial SMS information
This type of database example, which also includes SMS subscribers, is imported just like the email database. Just remember this option requires you to have all subscribers to have an email address.
- Choose one of the two standard ways to import a list, then click import.
- As a result, in this example, five email addresses and four SMS subscribers will be imported.